Burning Instructions and Safety
Why are candle care instructions super important to follow ?
It will prevent a number of problems you might have experienced with your candles, as well as ensure the safety of the user.
A lot of people think they are experienced or already know how to burn candles , yet if you've never read through candle burning instructions we can guarantee you would have already ended up with a tunneled candle, a cracked candle container, black smoke coming off from the candle and a range of other problems.
Please follow below to ensure the best results are obtained from your product
REMOVE ANY CRYSTALS AND ANY FLOWERS (FOR FLORAL CANDLES) AWAY FROM THE WICKS BEFORE LIGHTING
CUT THE WICK/S TO 0.5CM BEFORE LIGHTING, IF THE CANDLE HAS MULTIPLE WICKS MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALL LIT AT THE SAME TIME TO GET AN EVEN BURN
WHENEVER LIGHTING THE CANDLE MAKE SURE THAT THE TOP WAX LAYER IS FULLY MELTED BEFORE PUTTING THE CANDLE OUT, THIS WILL PREVENT TUNNELING PROBLEMS AND YOUR CANDLE WILL HAVE A LONG LIFE AS IT'S MEANT TO. YOUR CANDLE CAN TAKE ANYWHERE BETWEEN 1-3 HOURS TO MELT AT THE TOP LAYER FULLY
AFTER BURNING FOR SOME TIME, SOOT MAY START TO DEVELOP ON THE WICK AND THE WICK CAN BECOME LONG AND BLACK. PUT THE CANDLE OUT, COOL IT, AND REMOVE THE BLACK CHARR UNTIL THE WICK IS AGAIN AT 0.5CM FROM THE WAX, THIS WILL ENSURE THE CANDLE LASTS LONGER AS IT BURNS SLOWER, WILL PREVENT CARBON SOOT FROM BURNING OFF AND WILL BE SAFER AT A LOWER FLAME. IT WILL ALSO PREVENT THE JAR OR CANDLE CONTAINER FROM GETTING TOO HOT.
IF YOUR CANDLE IS WOOD WICK - HAVING TO RELIGHT THE CANDLE A FEW TIMES IS NORMAL, A VERY SUBTLE FLAME IS ALSO NORMAL. ALL THE SAME PRINCIPLES APPLY TO WOOD WICK CANDLES
SAFETY WARNING: ALWAYS KEEP A BURNING CANDLE IN SIGHT, KEEP AWAY FROM FLAMMABLE MATERIALS AND ANY FOREIGN MATERIALS SUCH AS FABRICS ETC, KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS. NEVER LEAVE A BURNING CANDLE UNATTENDED. NEVER BURN A CANDLE FOR LONGER THAN 4 HOURS AT A TIME. KEEP AWAY FROM DRAFTS, STOP BURNING THE CANDLE WHEN 1.5CM OF WAX ONLY IS LEFT AT THE BOTTOM TO PREVENT CRACKING GLASSWARE. NEVER USE A CANDLE AS A NIGHT LIGHT. ALWAYS CHECK THE WARNING LABEL AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CANDLE JAR AND FOLLOW ALL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS.